The International House was originally built to provide programming and services for UT students as its primary target group. The facility serves as both a student center as well as a small conference/programming center. Please remember that unless the center is being used outside of normal working hours, then students, staff/faculty, and visitors may be in the building as well as other meetings/programs, and that can have an impact on your event. I-House space may be reserved by off-campus groups; however, priority is given to on-campus groups and offices and off-campus groups will incur fees to use the facility.
*Please note that because the I-House is primarily a programming facility, we cannot accommodate weekly or monthly meetings for organizations. We will not book the facility for more than 1 organization meeting at a time but after a meeting, groups may submit a request for their next meeting and if space is available it may be granted.
Procedures and Policies
We now use an online request form to make reservations. (Please note that you can check current availability of I-House facilities by going to the following link and checking for room availability (http://student.utk.edu/events/BrowseforSpace.aspx). Please note that the I-House calendar on our web page only shows events sponsored by the I-House but no other events that may take place in the I-House.)
- I-House rooms are available Monday -Thursday from 8:30am-8:30pm and Fridays from 8:30am-4:30pm at no charge for UT staff, faculty, and students conducting university programs. Use of the facility outside of regular working hours requires an After-Hours Fee of $25/hour
- Requests should be submitted a minimum of 1 week prior to your event.
- Please allow at least 4 work days for a response. If your event is outside of normal working hours, we require at least 2 weeks to determine if we can find staff for your event. We cannot confirm your reservation until we are certain that we have staff available.
- You must agree to the Terms for Kitchen Use in order to use the kitchen.
- You will be required to submit both a Reservation Start Time (indicating when you need access to the room for any set-up/preparations on your part) and an Event Start Time. Your Reservation End Time should account for any time you need in order to clean up after your event.
The following I-House rooms may be reserved:
- Boardroom (formerly the Dining Room) (12-15 people)
- Conference Room (10-12 people)
- TV Room (10-12 people)
- Community Room (up to 35 people lecture style and 24 people for a workshop) – This room has multiple options for set-up configurations.
- Great Room (up to 180 people for lecture set-up) – On the form, you will have the opportunity to select a configuration and type any comments that will assist us in setting up the Great Room to your specifications. The following pages illustrate the various set-ups for the Great Room. (A food table can be part of every set-up except for Family Style.) The Kitchen (no seating available) is linked to the Great Room; however, you must specifically request the kitchen in your Great Room request and agree to the Terms for Kitchen Use in order to use it.