The International House was originally built to provide programming and services for UT students as its primary target group. The facility serves as both a student center as well as a small conference/programming center. Please remember that unless the center is being used outside of normal working hours, then students, staff/faculty, and visitors may be in the building as well as other meetings/programs, and that can have an impact on your event. I-House space may be reserved by off-campus groups; however, priority is given to on-campus groups and offices and off-campus groups will incur fees to use the facility.
*Please note that because the I-House is primarily a programming facility, we cannot accommodate weekly or monthly meetings for organizations. We will not book the facility for more than 1 organization meeting at a time but after a meeting, groups may submit a request for their next meeting and if space is available it may be granted.
The following I-House rooms may be reserved:
|Room||Description||Max Capacity (varies based on setup)|
|Great Room w/Kitchen||Available configurations may be viewed here||180 lecture setup, 80 banquet setup, 40 workshop setup|
|Community Room||Multiple setup options available||35 lecture setup, 24 workshop setup|
|TV Room||Living room style with couches||12|
|Conference Room||Conference table & white board||12|
|Boardroom||Conference table & white board||15|
Procedures and Policies
- Rooms at the International House can be reserved free of charge during business hours by UT-affiliated organizations and departments for university programs. Use of the facility outside of normal business hours requires an after-hours fee of $25 and an hourly fee of $15/hour to pay for staffing. This should be paid the day of the event via check made out to UT or ahead of time via interdepartmental transfer.
- All non-UT groups and individuals must submit a reservation form and then call the International House for room requests. There is a charge for space reservations for non-UT programs depending on which rooms are requested. *See Facility Charges information.
- The person making the request must fully review the International House Room Reservations Information prior to submitting a request for space.
- Requests should be submitted a minimum of 1 week prior to the event
- The International House will respond to the reservation request within 3-5 business days.
- Registrants are required to submit both a Reservation Start Time (indicating when room access for set-up or preparation is needed) and an Event Start Time. Reservation End Time should account for any time needed in order to clean up after the event.
Browsing for Availability
International House existing reservations can be viewed here. Keep in mind that reservations requests in process will not be added to the calendar until completed.
UT affiliated organizations/offices:
- The online reservation request form is available at here. Please complete the form and allow 3-5 business days for processing.
Non-UT affiliated organizations:
- Must submit an online reservation request and then call the International House.
- Reservation requests must include event name, contact information, room selection and set up, number of people expected, equipment needed, and date and time of proposed reservation
- Reservation requests must be approved by the Assistant Director of the International House
University Departments and Organizations
UT Departments and Organizations will be permitted to reserve International House rooms at no cost during regular operating hours. In order to reserve space after hours, there will be a flat fee of $25 and an additional $15.00 per hour cost for staffing. Departments and Organizations’ events must be reserved through the online reservation form on the International House’s webpage and an After Hours Rental Agreement must be signed beforehand if the facility is to be used after-hours. Use of I-House equipment is included in your reservation.
Individuals and Non-University Groups
Individuals and Non-University Groups are subject to fees for use of space depending on which space is reserved. The fees for reservations during normal business hours are listed below. If your reservation falls outside of normal business hours there will be a $50.00 flat fee and a fee of $15.00 per hour for staffing the event in addition to the listed fees below. Use of I-House equipment is included in your reservation.
The following I-House rooms may be reserved:
|Great Room w/Kitchen||$75.00|
|International House (entire facility)*only available during non-operating hours||$150.00|
The renter is responsible for safeguarding and properly caring for the facility and equipment rented and can be charged up to the full replacement cost for any item that is damaged, lost, or stolen. The renter indemnifies, defends, and saves harmless the University of Tennessee, its trustees, agents and employees from all liabilities, losses, costs, damages, claims or causes of action of any kind, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising or claimed to have arisen out of personal injuries or death, or property damage or loss, sustained by the renter as a result of negligence on the part of University of Tennessee agents or employees or other participants, or by others as a result of negligence or intentional actions.
On occasion, refunds of payments for reservations are justified, pertaining to non-use, equipment failure, or related reason. A request for a refund must be submitted within two (2) business days of payment. The refund request must be submitted, in writing, explaining justification for the refund and must be submitted to the Assistant Director of the Center for International Education, 1600 Melrose Avenue. The Assistant Director of the Center for International Education, or his/her designee, will review the refund request and make a determination whether justification exists to grant the refund. The Assistant Director, or his/her designee, will notify the person requesting the refund of the decision, either in writing or verbally, within five (5) business days. If payment was made by cash or check and the payment has not yet been deposited, the refund will be returned to the person requesting the refund in the form it was paid. If the payment has been deposited, the International House will submit a University of Tennessee Refund Request Form in the name of the person requesting the refund to the Bursar’s Office. If payment was made by Interdepartmental Transfer, the International House will initiate a reversal transfer to the department requesting the refund within two (2) business days.
*Note: Any university organization or department found responsible for falsifying reservations for individual or non-university usage are subject to fees and loss of reservation privileges.