The International House is currently accepting applications for International Peer Mentors (formerly UT Guides) for the 2016 fall semester. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 6th at 11:59pm.
Please review the entire position description before applying below: International Peer Mentor Job Description. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact the I-House Coordinator, Lauren Longino, at email@example.com.
The International Peer Mentor Program provides peer mentors to new international students during their adjustment to life in the U.S. and at the University of Tennessee during their first semester on campus. They serve as a reassuring voice of support and information for the new students through participation in orientation programming, the International Student Retreat, and by serving as a mentor to a small group of international freshmen and transfer students.
- To offer hospitality to our newest international students
- To serve as a source of cultural information about life in the U.S
- To serve as a source of information about institutional procedures
- To provide peer insights about campus culture at the University of Tennessee
- To connect international students to campus and community resources (people, offices, services, businesses, etc.)
- To introduce international students to other university students
Thank you for your interest in the International Peer Mentor Position. Applications for Fall 2016 are currently closed. Please check back in March 2017 for applications.