The International House is currently accepting applications for UT Guides for the 2015 fall semester. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 25th at 11:59pm.
Please review the entire position description before applying below: 2015 UT Guide Position Description. If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact I-House Coordinator, Lauren Longino, at email@example.com.
The UT Guide Program provides peer mentors to new international students during their adjustment to life in the U.S. and at the University of Tennessee during their first semester on campus. They serve as a reassuring voice of support and information for the new students through participation in orientation programming, the International Student Retreat, and by serving as small group leaders to approximately 10 international freshmen.
- To offer hospitality to our newest international students
- To serve as a source of cultural information about life in the U.S
- To serve as a source of information about institutional procedures.
- To provide peer insights about campus culture at the University of Tennessee
- To connect international students to campus and community resources (people, offices, services, businesses, etc.)
- To introduce international students to other university students