Your organization must arrive by 9 a.m. and be ready for I-House staff to review your setup and food stations. Your table or booth must be set up no later than 10 a.m.
- Only UT student organizations can register to host a booth for the International Festival.
- If your organization’s booth is approved, the International House will provide a 10×10 tent, two six-foot tables, two chairs, and a tablecloth.
- I-House must be notified of any booth cancellations at least seven days prior to the International Festival. If you cancel in less than seven days, your organization will be required to pay a $100 fee to cover cost of tent, table, and chair rental, and this may affect your ability to participate in future I-House events.
- There is no cost for student organizations to reserve a booth to participate in the International Festival.
- Each student group with a booth selling food will be required to honor a total of two free meal vouchers that the emcee will raffle off during the festival to students/staff at the event.
- If the group desires to participate in the booth-judging contest, they will be required to provide a small sample of their meal to the judges free of charge in order to be eligible.
The location of your organization’s booth will be decided during the Food Safety Training. Please make sure to send a representative to the training.
- Student organizations have the option of participating in the annual International Festival booth contest.
- Booths are judged on educational value, cultural awareness, visual presentation, engagement, and food.
- Judging will take place between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- First place winners will be announced at the festival and will be honored with a space and photo on a plaque that will be at the International House.
Set-Up and Clean-Up
- Participating associations must arrive by 9 a.m. and check in at the I-House tent to receive booth location, organization sign, and flag.
- Let I-House staff review your setup and food stations before festival begins.
- Your booth must be set up no later than 10 a.m.
- You are responsible for cleaning up your booth throughout the day and at 2 p.m. when the festival is over.
- DO NOT START CLEANING/PACKING UP UNTIL 2 p.m. Booths should be completely packed away by 2:30 p.m. so I-House staff can complete final cleaning.
- The I-House will provide your country flag and a sign that you may use. You are responsible for all decorations for your booth.
- Be creative! And bring tape!
Parking is your responsibility. Cars are not allowed to drive onto Pedestrian Walkway, so you will need to park nearby and carry or cart your things to your booth.
Food and Drink
- You must send at least ONE representative to a Food Safety Training or your group will not be able to sell food at the International Festival. After signing up, you will receive an email regarding the date of training.
- For those who wish to cook on site, you may only use electrical or battery-powered devices or heat/sterno cans. You may NOT use an open flame/charcoal grill.
- Your group must provide their own change if you will be selling anything at the festival.
- Your group may serve food and traditional drinks (teas, coffees, juices, etc.), soft drinks, and bottled water.
What We Provide
- The I-House will provide your country’s flag, a sign, tents, tablecloths, tables, chairs, and an outlet. These items must be returned to I-House staff.
- We have sterno cans available for your cooking needs. Please come to I-House to pick them up.
- You must supply your own paper goods (plates, napkins), utensils, cups, etc.
- You must bring your own tape and decorations for your booth.