The International House provides an airport shuttle for incoming international students prior to the beginning of each semester. The airport shuttle will meet you at baggage claim in McGhee Tyson Airport and take you to your residence hall, the International House, or an apartment or hotel near campus. (Please note that we can only take you to apartments or hotels within 1.5 miles/2.4 km of campus.)
- You must sign up for an airport shuttle pickup at least three business days in advance. We request this so that we can make all necessary arrangements and have time to send emails to you confirming your arrival information.
- For the Spring 2023 semester, airport shuttle pickups will be available on January 4, 10, and 13. We are not able to provide pickups for flights that arrive after 9:00 pm.
- Your pickup is not confirmed by the International House until you receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you should not expect the shuttle to pick you up at the airport.
- Your confirmation email will include information about what to do in the event of a flight delay.
- If your flight arrives on a different day or after 9:00 pm, we suggest that you take a taxi from the airport to campus. (Please note, you must pay a fee to use a taxi cab, Uber or Lyft.)
- International Taxi – 865-603-0656
- Checker Cab Co. – 865-312-6050
- Yellow Cab Co. – 865-523-5151
- Red Star Taxi – 865-971-3711
Immunizations are a state mandated part of enrollment at UT. Please visit the Student Health Center website to see the list of required immunizations and follow the instructions for submission of immunization records. It is very important that you provide all documentation necessary. Having immunizations completed in the US will be quite costly and your insurance will likely not cover these costs.
It is very important to complete this process before arriving on campus. If you do not, you will not be allowed to move into your campus accommodations. If you have questions about these forms, please contact the Student Health Center at +1-865-974-3135, or email email@example.com.