- Date: Friday, September 29th, 2017
- Time: 10am – 2pm (Your organization must arrive by 9:00am and be ready for I House staff to review your set-up and food stations. Your table or both must be set-up by 10am that morning)
- Location: Pedestrian Walkway
- Those requesting booths are given a 10 x 10 tent, two (2) tables (6ft), two (2) chairs, and a tablecloth provided by the International House.
- The I-House must be notified of any booth cancellations at least 7 days prior to International Festival. If you cancel in less time, your organization will be required to pay a $100 fee to cover cost of tent, table, and chair rental and this may affect your ability to participate in future I-House events.
- There is no cost for student organizations to reserve a booth; however, each group that sells food must accept two (2) vouchers worth a place of food for your booth. The International House will create the two vouchers for your booth and give them out as prizes during the festival, and your organization would simply accept them as cash. Your organization is basically donating two plate of foods from your booth. You will not actually receive money in exchange for accepting the vouchers. We are doing this instead of charging organizations to participate in the festival (FYI, the cost for each booth for the tent, tables, chairs, etc. comes to approximately $100 and the university pays for this.)
- YOUR ORGANIZATION CANNOT SELECT THE LOCATION. We assign the location of each booth by drawing the lottery. The sample of festival layout is HERE.
- Student organizations have the option of participating in the annual Booth Contest.
- Booths are judged on educational value, cultural awareness, visual presentation, engagement, and food.
- Judging will take place between 11:30am – 12:30pm (Tentative).
- First and second place winners will be announced at Festival and receive a plaque as a prize.
SET UP AND CLEAN UP
- Participating Associations must arrive by 9am and check-in at the I-House tent to receive booth location, organization sign, and flag.
- Let I-House staff review your set-up and food stations before Festival begins.
- Your booth must be set-up by 10:00am.
- You are responsible for cleaning up your booth throughout the day and at 2pm when the festival is over. DO NOT START CLEANING/PACKING UP UNTIL 2pm.
- Booths should be completely packed away by 2:30pm so I-House staff can complete final cleaning.
- The I-House will provide your country flag and a sign that you may use. You are responsible for all decorations for your booth. BE CREATIVE AND BRING TAPE!
- Parking is your responsibility. Cars are not allowed to drive onto Pedestrian Walkway, so you will need to park nearby and carry or cart your things to your booth.
FOOD AND DRINK OVERVIEW
- Your group may serve food and traditional drinks (teas, coffees, juices, etc.), soft drinks (Coke, Sprite, etc.), bottled water.
- You must send at least ONE representative to a Food Safety Training or your group will not be able to serve food at Festival. You will receive an email regarding the date.
- For those who wish to cook on-site, you may only use electrical or battery powered devices or heat/sterno cans. You may NOT use an open flame/charcoal grill.
- You must provide your own change for selling items.
What We Provide
- The I-House will provide your country flag, a sign, tents, table cloths, tables, chairs, an outlet. These items must be returned.
- We have sternocans available for your cooking needs. They look like the picture below.
- You must supply your own paper goods (plates, napkins), utensils, cups, etc.
- You must bring your own tapes and decorations for your booth.