International House Mission
As the University of Tennessee International House, we aspire to educate and engage all students in order to help them participate as members of a global society.
International House Objectives
The International House pursues its mission by:
- Creating an open and positive environment for all students to relax, study, and learn together.
- Developing cultural events that highlight international cultures and the traditions, customs, rituals, food, etc. that are a significant representation of that culture. These programs include World Showcase, International Dance Competition, International Cooking Series, International Photo Exhibit, and the International Festival.
- Presenting programs that educate individuals about current international events and issues. These programs include the Global Issues Series and Global Hour as well as events in collaboration with other departments/programs/organizations on campus.
- Offering practical training and resources for increased knowledge of a particular culture, language, etc. These programs include the Language Practice Program and the Resource Check-out System of flags, books, DVDs, and artifacts.
- Supporting international student transition to the University of Tennessee and Knoxville communities through an engaging and welcoming series of programs designed to create a “home away from home”. These programs include but are not limited to: Passport to UT, the American Culture Experience, UT Guide Program, International Retreat, and the Friendship Program.
- Providing high quality facilities and event support to members of the campus community.
International House Spring 2015 Hours of Operation