The mission of the International House is to educate, engage, and support all students to help them participate as members of a global, culturally diverse society.
With the help of a committed staff, the International House seeks to achieve our mission by:
- Supporting international student transition to the University of Tennessee and Knoxville communities through programs designed to create a “home away from home;”
- Creating an open and positive environment for all students to relax, study, and learn together;
- Offering practical training and resources to increase individual knowledge of a specific culture, language, etc.;
- Developing cultural events that highlight international cultures and the traditions, customs, rituals, food, etc., that are a significant representation of that culture;
- Providing high-quality facilities and event support to members of the campus community; and
- Presenting programs that educate individuals about current international events and issues.