- All dancers and participating groups must be University of Tennessee students, faculty, staff, or alumni.
- Groups must have at least one member from the country/culture represented by the dance performance. If the group does not have any members from the country/culture represented by the dance, groups must consult with someone from the country/culture they are representing.
- Dance performances must be five minutes or less.
- Due to space limitation on the Student Union Auditorium stage, we cannot accommodate any group that has more than 25 members.
- Groups will be required to attend a mandatory dress rehearsal the week prior to the International Dance Competition. If groups cannot attend this rehearsal, they will be required to arrange their own reservation of the I-House Great Room to rehearse their performance.
- Groups will be required to submit their music as an MP3 downloadable file to an I-House staff member along with a description of their dance performance and the song title no later than a full week before the mandatory dress rehearsal.
- Three guest judges will score each performance to determine the winners of the International Dance Competition. Groups will be judged on the following criteria: choreography and execution, passion/interaction with the audience, cultural expression, and costumes/visual.
- Groups will be required to agree to release any and all photos taken during rehearsal and/or International Dance Competition for future publicity use by the International House.
Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue